Welcome to the Product Recommendations Tool!
Here are a few words about everything you can do from the activity page, some useful information about the general features of the page as well as detailed descriptions on how to perform specific actions in each tab. Scroll down in this article to read more, or refer to the left navigation to jump to a specific section of this article.
Looking for something?
Type in this bar to Search and find specific items within the tab you're in. To read more about tabs, scroll down to Activity Page Tabs.
To search in the entire platform, try global search.
Create a New Activity
Want to get straight into business? Click Create New Recommendation.
There's a couple ways to view your activity page:
In the list view, your activities are displayed in a list. It is the default view when you enter the tool.
Reorganise your activity list by clicking on the different columns, where you'll find all the essential information about your Product Recommendation activities.
Name: This is the internal working name you chose for your activity.
Media: Whether the recommendation was made for Web or for Email.
Type: Whether the recommendation is based on machine learning, are crowdsourced or personalised.
Status: This is the current status of the activity, whether it's a draft, active, paused or deleted.
Created: The date the flow was created.
Toggle the card view on or off by clicking on the card view button on the right of the list.
This is how the card view looks like:
To return to the list view, click the list view button on the right.
Activity Page Tabs
As with other activity pages, you can quickly navigate to and from your Drafts, Active & Paused, and Deleted items.
Scroll down in this article to read about all the tabs, or click on a specific tab in the left side navigation to jump there.
This is the tab that opens by default when you enter the Product Recommendations tool. Under Drafts you'll find all the activities you previously started but haven't activated yet. Easily get back on track by taking a look at this tab and choosing an activity to continue.
Click on an item below to read more about what you can do in the Drafts tab:
How to Edit a Draft
1. Open a draft by double-clicking on it.
2. The Conversation Wizard will open up where you left off. Time to make your changes.
3. That's it! You can go back to your other tasks if you wish. All changes are saved automatically.
How to Activate a Draft
1. Double-click on a draft.
2. The Conversation Wizard will open. Make sure that you finish all the steps until you reach the Overview step.
3. On the Overview step, double-check that all your activity settings are correct.
Whenever you're ready, click Activate & finish. You can find your activity with an active status in the Active & Paused tab.
If you'd like to start working on an email where you will use the activity you created, click Email tool. There, you can create a new Email activity from scratch or add your Product Recommendations asset into an existing Email draft.
How to Delete a Draft
1. Click on the activity you wish to delete. You can also select a group of activities to delete by clicking on one of them, holding the Shift key and clicking on the last one you want to delete.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Delete.
3. Are you sure? If yes, click Delete. Otherwise, click Cancel.
Active & Paused Tab
Active & Paused activities are those Product Recommendations activities that are currently active or paused.
Click on an item below to read more about what you can do in the Active & Paused tab:
What are the different statuses?
Take a look at the status labels in order to tell them apart:
Active activities are those that have been finished and activated.
Activities will show as Paused if they have been paused by a user, despite having been activated before.
How to Pause an Activity
When pausing an active Product Recommendations activity, make sure that you keep track of where that activity is being used. For example, if your activity is being shown on your website, pausing it will make it disappear from your website and disrupt its design. If your Product Recommendations asset is in a Scheduled Email activity, or in the process of sending, the email may not look as expected when reaching the recipients.
1. Click on the activity that you would like to pause.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Pause.
Your activity will be paused.
How to Activate an Activity
1. Click on the paused activity you wish to activate.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Activate.
How to View a Report
Full reports for Product Recommendations activities are not available right now, and are planned to come Q1 2020.
1. Make sure you're in the Active & Paused tab of the Product Recommendations tool.
2. Locate the activity you wish to see the report of. Consider that reports are available directly after the activity has been activated, but actual figures take time to come in.
3. Either double-click the flow or click on the activity and click Report on the Bottom bar.
4. There's the report!
How to Edit an Activity
1. Click on the activity that you would like to edit.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Edit.
3. The Conversation Wizard will open. Make your changes.
How to Delete an activity
1. Click on the activity you wish to delete.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Delete.
3. Are you sure you want to delete this activity?
Here's where your deleted Product Recommendations activities go. Here you can keep track of what's been deleted and restore deleted activities.
Click on an item below to read more about what you can do in the Deleted tab:
How to Restore a Deleted Product Recommendations Activity
1. Click on the activity, or a group of activities by clicking on one of them, holding the Shift key and clicking on the last one you want to restore.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Restore.
Your activity will be restored back to the tab where it was before it was deleted, with its previous status.
The Bottom Bar
Clicking on an activity will bring up the Bottom bar.
There you will see activity options like edit, delete, activate, pause, etc. These will also depend on the tab you're in.