About Templates & Assets
In this section you'll find information about the Templates tab and the Assets tab.
Continue reading in this article for more information on how to work with Templates and Assets in the Email tool, or click a heading in the left side navigation to jump to a specific part of this article.
Save Emails as Templates so that your Emails have a consistent feel and to maintain brand identity. You may create them for future use, whether you're in the middle of creating an Email or want to go straight into template making.
There's a special wizard for the creation of templates. To get there, click Create New Template.
To get to the Templates tab, head over to the the Email tool and click Templates from the Activity page.
Click on an item below to read more about what you can do in the Templates tab:
How to Save an Email Draft as a Template
1. Begin by creating an Email activity and choosing a template in the Templates step.
Read more about Creating an Email...
2. Add elements and Assets to your Email. Read more about the Email Editor...
2. Test your template to make sure that everything looks perfect. Click Test on the Bottom bar and enter the sender details of the email. Note that "[Test]" will be added to the subject line.
3. When you're happy with your Email, click on Save as Template on the Bottom bar
4. Enter a name and description for your template and click Save.
Note that, if you included or excluded any segments from a row, these settings will not be saved in the template. This will only be displayed if you have included or excluded segments from a row, which is done in Row Settings.
That's it! It will appear under Your Templates next time you start the Email Editor.
The template will also be saved as a draft.
How to Edit a Template
1. Click on the template you wish to edit.
2. Click Edit in the Bottom bar.
3. The Email editor will open. Make your changes!
4. Done? Go back to your other activities. All changes are saved automatically.
How to Delete a Template
1. Click on the template you wish to delete.
2. Click Delete in the Bottom bar.
3. Are you sure? If yes, click Delete. Otherwise, click Cancel.
How to Clone a Template
1. Click on the Template you wish to copy.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Clone.
3. Your template will be cloned, with "(clone)" added to the name.
How to Rename a Template and/or Edit its Description
1. Click on the Template.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Rename.
3. Modify the template's name or description.
4. Done? Click Rename to save your changes, or Cancel to discard them.
What is an Asset?
An Asset is a type of user-made Email content. Essentially, it's a row in an Email saved for future campaigns. A big benefit of saving rows as Assets is to save time in the Email editor by not having to create the same row repeatedly: like your standard Email footer.
If created from the Email Editor, your Asset may only contain one Row, whereas an Asset made from the Assets tab can contain as many Rows as you wish. Read more about creating an Asset... (Coming soon)
Working with Assets also makes it easy to maintain design and branding consistency within all your Email campaigns.
There's two types of Assets:
Static Assets: The content is static, and looks exactly the same every time you use this Asset in your Email tool activities.
Dynamic Assets (Coming soon): These Assets are created and designed as regular Assets, but contain placeholders that are replaced with the data contained in your own, external source (JSON, XML or RSS). When adding these Assets into the Email Editor's Canvas, you must enter a source URL for the Email Editor to replace the placeholders with the information in your own source.
In this tab you will find the Assets you have created in the Email Editor.
Click an item below to read more about what you can do in the Assets tab:
How to Create an Asset
You can create an Asset in two ways:
1. Via the Email Editor, by saving a Row as an Asset. Read more under Saving a Row as an Asset...
2. In the Assets tab, you can create a new Asset. Read more about Creating an Asset (Coming soon)...
How to Edit an Asset
1. Head over to the Email tool's Activity Page and open the Assets tab.
2. Locate the Asset you wish to edit.
3. On the Bottom bar, click Edit.
4. The Email Editor will open. Make your changes!
5. When done, click Finish. Your Asset is then saved.
How to Edit an Asset's Name and Description
1. In the Assets tab, locate and click on the Asset you wish to rename.
2. Click Rename on the Bottom bar.
3. Modify the name and description of your Asset on the Bottom bar.
4. When done, click Save. If you wish to discard your changes, click Cancel.
How to Clone an Asset
1. In the Assets tab, click on the Asset you wish to clone.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Clone.
3. Your Asset will be cloned with "(clone)" added to the name.
How to Delete an Asset
1. In the Assets tab, locate and click on the Asset you wish to delete.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Delete.
3. Are you sure you want to delete this Asset? If yes, click Delete. Otherwise, click Cancel.