Welcome to the Marketing Automation Tool!
Here are a few words about everything you can do from the activity page, some useful information about the general features of the page as well as detailed descriptions on how to perform specific actions in each tab. Scroll down in this article to read more, or refer to the left navigation to jump to a specific section of this article.
Looking for something?
Type in this bar to Search and find specific items within the tab you're in. To read more about tabs, scroll down to Activity Page Tabs.
To search in the entire platform, try global search.
Create a New Flow
Want to get straight into business? Click Create a New Flow.
There's a couple ways to view your activity page:
In the list view, your activities are displayed in a list. It is the default view when you enter the tool.
Reorganise your activity list by clicking on the different columns, where you'll find all the essential information about your Marketing Automation flows.
Name: This is the working name you chose for your flow.
Section: This is the section where the flow was created.
Status: This is the current status of the flow, whether it's a draft, active, paused or deleted.
Created: The date the flow was created.
Toggle the card view on or off by clicking on the card view button on the right of the list.
This is how the card view looks like:
To return to the list view, click the list view button on the right.
Activity Page Tabs
As with other activity pages, you can quickly navigate to and from your Drafts, Active & Paused, Templates and Deleted items. Access each section by pressing its corresponding tab in the Activity page.
Scroll down in this article to read about all the tabs, or click on a specific tab in the left side navigation to jump there.
This is the tab that opens by default when you enter the Marketing Automation tool. Under Drafts you'll find all the flows you previously started but haven't activated yet. Easily get back on track by taking a look at this section and choosing a flow to continue.
Click on an item below to read more about what you can do in the Drafts tab:
How to Edit a Flow Draft
1. Open a flow draft by double-clicking on it.
2. The Flow Canvas will open up. Time to make your changes.
3. That's it! You can go back to your other tasks if you wish. All changes are saved automatically.
How to Activate a Flow Draft
1. Double-click on a flow draft.
2. The Flow Canvas will open. On the Bottom bar, click Activate.
You may see a message in the Bottom bar about incomplete nodes. If that's the case, head over to About the Flow Canvas and expand Incomplete Nodes.
3. Your flow status will change to Activating and will appear in the Active & Paused tab.
How to Delete a Flow Draft
1. Click on the flow you wish to delete. You can also select a group of flows to delete by clicking on one of the flows, holding the Shift key and clicking on the last flow you want to delete.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Delete.
3. Are you sure? If yes, click Delete. Otherwise, click Cancel.
Active & Paused Tab
Active & Paused flows are those Marketing Automation flows that are currently active or paused.
Click on an item below to read more about what you can do in the Active & Paused tab:
What are the different Flow Statuses?
Take a look at the status labels in order to tell them apart:
Active Flows are those that have been finished, activated and are performing the flow's actions and decisions. Before a flow is successfully activated, you will see the status Activating. It may take some time to activate a flow that was previously paused.
Flows will show as Paused if they have been paused by a user, despite having been activated before. It may take some time to pause an active flow, and during that time you will see the status Pausing. If there are any scheduled emails in an Email node in your flow, those emails will be sent at the original sending time to the profiles who reached the node at the time of pausing.
How to Pause an Active Flow
1. Click on the active flow that you would like to pause.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Pause.
Are you sure you want to pause it? Then click Pause. Otherwise, Cancel.
If there are any scheduled emails in an Email node in your flow, those emails will be sent at the original sending time to the profiles who reached the node at the time of pausing.
Your flow will be paused.
How to Activate a Flow
1. Click on the paused Flow you wish to activate.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Activate.
3. Since your flow was previously active, there are profiles currently in the flow. Would you like to keep the profiles that remain in the flow from before, or would you like to remove them and restart the flow?
Click Keep to allow the profiles to finish the flow, or click Remove to remove the profiles from the flow. If you remove them, your flow will directly activate and can be found in the Active & Paused tab. It may take some time to remove the profiles from the flow.
Before a flow is successfully activated, you will see the status Activating. It may take some time to activate a flow that was previously paused.
Removing profiles from a flow
If you remove the profiles from the flow, not only will they still be a part of the Report, but they will also be able to re-enter this Marketing Automation flow after you reactivate it.
This means that, even if in the Flow Settings you limited the number of times profiles can enter the flow, those who were removed from the flow when reactivating will be allowed in once more.
How to View a Report
1. Make sure you're in the Active & Paused tab of the Marketing Automation tool.
2. Locate the flow you wish to see the report of. Consider that reports are available directly after the flow has been activated, but actual figures take time to come in.
3. Either double-click the flow or click on the Flow and click Report on the Bottom bar.
4. There's the report!
To read more about reports, head over to the Reports article.
How to Edit an Active Flow
1. Click on the Flow that you would like to edit.
2. You must first pause the flow. Click Pause and Confirm.
3. The Flow Canvas will open. Make your changes!
4. That's it! You can activate your flow again by clicking Activate in the Bottom bar. You may also leave the activity without activating. It will remain paused.
How to Delete a Flow
1. Click on the flow you wish to delete.
You must pause active flows before deleting them. To read more, scroll up to Pausing a Flow.
2. On the Bottom bar, click Delete.
3. Are you sure you want to delete this flow? Currently, it is not possible to restore a deleted flow.
Also, have in mind that those Profiles in Timer nodes will complete the time specified in the Timer node, yet they will not move onto the next node unless the flow is activated again.
If yes, click Delete. Otherwise, click Cancel.
If you delete an active flow, it will be paused and sent to the Deleted tab.
Here's where your Marketing Automation emails go. These are emails created for Email nodes in your Marketing Automation flows.
Click on an item below to read more about what you can do in the Content tab.
Whenever you need to edit an email that is in a flow, simply head over here to make your changes.
When you save, the Marketing Automation flow that contains that email will be updated as well.
How to Edit a Node's Email
1. Head over to the Content tab of the Marketing Automation tool's Activity Page.
2. Locate the email you wish to edit.
3. Double-click the email. The Email Editor will open.
4. Make your changes! If you want to learn more about the Email Editor, head over here.
5. To save your changes, click Finish in the Bottom bar.
All Marketing Automation flows that contain this email will be updated, regardless of whether they are in a draft, active or paused state.
Here's where your deleted Marketing Automation flows go. It is not possible to restore deleted flows for now, stay tuned for updates!
The Bottom Bar
Clicking on an activity will bring up the Bottom bar.
There you will see activity options like edit, delete, activate, pause, etc. These will also depend on the tab you're in. It also shows up, permanently, in the Flow Editor.