APSIS One: Data Processing Description
APSIS provides the Subscription Service to enable self-serviced digital marketing activities for the Customer, and APSIS processes Customer Data solely for such purpose.
This document describes the collection of data in the Subscription Service and clarifies the instructions to APSIS' for processing of such data. Data fields in APSIS One can be either Attributes or Events, which in turn are divided into Default and Custom. Custom data fields are referred to as Additional data fields for the purpose of this document.
Customers will populate Profiles with data into both default and additional data fields using self-service mechanisms such as File Import Wizard, Migration Wizard, or the APSIS One API.
Additionally, APSIS One also provides mechanisms to capture information directly from website visitors into both default and additional fields, using customer configured Sign-up bars, Cookie Banner, Forms and other APSIS One activities.
The Customer is responsible for following all applicable laws and regulations. Fortunately, APSIS One provides multiple self-service mechanisms in order to assist the Customer with such obligations, in addition to the Subscription Services which allows the Customer to independently import, export, download and delete data which enables the Customer to act in accordance to laws and regulations.
Default Data Fields: Attributes
The following data fields are created by default, referred to as Default Attributes:
- First name: The first name or names of the person associated with the Profile.
- Last name: The last name or names of the person associated with the Profile.
- Email: The email address the person associated with the Profile provided with their explicit consent.
- Mobile: The phone number the person associated with the Profile provided with their explicit consent.
- Birth date: The date of birth of the person associated with the Profile.
- CRM-ID: The customer ID associated with the Profile. It is exclusively created and managed internally.
- Cookie ID: The unique identifier for the website visitor, associated with the Cookie Banner and created by the APSIS One Tracking Script.
Default Data Fields: Events
APSIS One only collects Default Event data (Events or Event data) automatically in relation to the APSIS One activities created and activated by the Customer, which you can read more about in the Advanced: Profile data article, and in relation to the APSIS One Tracking Script.
Additional Data Fields
Additionally, the Customer may import and/or collect additional data to populate Custom Attributes and Events. These are specific to the Customer, and considered as "Additional Data". APSIS has limited insights into the Customer's Additional Data.
EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 – Clarification
APSIS’ processing of Personal Data (if applicable) on behalf of the Customer is regulated under section 8 (“Personal Data (Processor Agreement))” in APSIS Customer Terms of Service (Last modified 2018-11-16). The following applies to such processing:
- Purpose: To enable self-serviced digital marketing activities for the Customer.
- Type of personal data: To the extent Customer Data constitutes Personal Data: the Default Data Fields (Default Attributes), the Additional Data Fields (Custom Attributes) and Event data.
- Categories of data subjects: Managed and identified by the Customer.
- Retention period: Managed and identified by the Customer.
- Processing location: See the CSA CAIQ documents under Compliance Information.